Monday 16 November 2009

Finding, Giving, Living and Loving

Sharing some of our precious time together (i'm sure my sister would share her side of their lovely time spent together if she has the time to even put her feet up!). our one fine day at the park near our home.
with one of my favourite country singers, Alison Krauss in the background singing one of the most beautiful songs - a simple love.




I cant begin to tell you how much a family life means to me. i dont think i'm made for the corporate world, working behind a desk nor am i made for a lavish lifestyle. i think i'm simply made to nurture and i am trully grateful for the opportunity to be a full time mother and a wife. we all want wealth, yes. but we must not forget about wanting good health, good balance between work and family, a good mind to think, a good heart, alongside all other little details that we often forget - happiness, tranquility and be at ease with everything and everyone around you. i've always stressed the importance of having a balance life, where you can reach that level where you and your partner/family are comfortable leading your own life, how you want it to be, shaping your future together, no matter where you are and how much you have in your pockets with happiness in your hands. it is important.

Yes, i acknowledge, some people are luckier than others. but the key is never ever compare yourself with someone who has more than what you have. compare yourselves with someone who has less than what you have. that way, you can be grateful for the tiniest littlest things!

Our family is everything to us. they mean the absolute world. i'm extremely lucky to have both my parents come and visit me quite regularly here in holland. i am very lucky indeed. its not just their company, its their advise, its the love, its the support and the understanding that i have been getting from them when they're here that means a huge deal to me.

Little little things matter to me. a walk in the park, feeding the ducks mean so much. having that extra snuggling time in bed on saturdays and sundays just me and my boys, the 3 of us means a lot. watching aidan in hardy's arms and us, walking hand in hand means the absolute world. we often miss those little details. i sometimes forget myself, especially when housework is pilling up, ideas on what to craft comes in mind.. but thankfully, there's always someone to support me (by helping with some of the chores!), and remind me (by pinching and telling me that i've been slacking!)

I wish to give my parents everything for what they've given me and my sister. if i may be brutally honest, here's how i'd put it- i see the need to "save" my parents from the "hustle and bustle, the backstabbing, the snubbing, the scolding, the accusing" of being in malaysia. when we went back to malaysia for a month last summer, the "dramas" and all began as soon as i sat foot at my parent's new home, i heard and saw what they had to go through, i felt really sad for them. they do not deserve it. at this age, all i want is for them to be happy, healthy and enjoying life.

We've gone through quite a bit, my family and i. mum and dad mostly (hardy has his own stories to tell, but yeah..) we've gone through different "dramas" many, many times before. i think we got better and better in handling the situation. we cant change others, so there is no point of prolonging the issue and pointing fingers. we focus on what we have now in our hands and use that to make us happy. i'm glad i'm able to see mum and dad happy here, at this part of the world with us, where both their grandsons are. my sister and i are grateful beyond words.



At times, it can get a little off balance too! but it certainly helps to have your other half reminding you once in a while! Most people dont believe this, but everything in this world is enough for everyone. you choose your paths. you choose which door to open and then you make your journey. i trully utterly hope everyone (including us) would find some balance in their lives and have plenty of love to give.

A whole new journey awaits. its been a pretty crazy but exciting month for hardy and i. very very grateful and thankful for such opportunities. i hope that we wont lose that balance and love and be really thankful with what we have wherever we are. i wish to give more as well. more love, and more happiness, more balance wherever we may be.

Lets all find the balance, give love and living our lives happy...

16 comments:

emly2175 said...

deep down inside I know i'm not so "hadap sangat" with job tittles and big corporate world. has been having that feeling when I 1st started working 10 years ago. Which is why I am comfortable with my current executives position with somehow gives me good yearly salary increament & flexi times. With this i am able to manage my time for my family. Which is why also I'm a bit 50-50 to become SAHM ...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting up the slide Z, I was searching for ways of making my own initially. Tried it with a few programmes but tak jadi je. I will try this one soon.

Namanya pun manusia Z, we are full of flaws. People see and accept things differently I guess. What come from my mouth might be heard the wrong way to you but sometimes it wasn't meant to go the way you saw it. In other peoples' eyes, I may be aloof or slacking in hospitality but again it wasn't in my very vein to appear that way. You know how a picture can be interpreted in so many angles, it's the same way with words. I learn this after I got married. My life and upbringing are totally different from my husband's and he said that it doesn't mean he is more right or I was better or luckier. We are just that. I have accepted it now, the hard way actually. Friends of the past too, they came in myriad of colours and the differences were at multi levels, good and bad would be seen by the metre set in us. The tacit metre of how we were brought up as a person. I know it now. I take it as it is. As bad is and as good is. The unavoidable bad with a mixture of lotsa goodness will hopefully create some sort of a balance. I am just hopeful, wishful thinking at the same time.
Here's blowing you and family sunshine and puffy cloud smiles from Malaysia.

Aishah said...

Hi Kak Zaza!

Hope all is well for u and family.
I've been wanting to write to u n all but I just recovered from my accident and am still not able to move about too much eg sit too long and stuff.

Insyaallah I'll be leaving for London in January (hopefully nothing goes wrong this time,hehe). Will definitely let you know my updates.

Do take care, and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Loves,
Aishah.

Anonymous said...

Very touching photos in your slide Zaza. You have a beautiful family. Park and ducks look beautiful too!!

:x

comey_lote said...

Hi Zaza,
Enjoy reading your stories and will always do! Besides the family we're making with our husband, the most important person on earth is always our parents, right? seeing them happy and healthy is the precious thing and to be with them no words can describe. Let's pray for their happiness, dunia akhirat...

anzed said...

well said, hun! will look at the slides much l8r.internet connection here..hmmm...prettige weekend! i believe we are wat we are thro our upbringing,experience n most importantly our faith in Allah. u take care!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Similar there is something?

Anonymous said...

Bravo, this remarkable phrase is necessary just by the way

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

oh and i luv ur slides!! terer ar u!

Anonymous said...

err excuse me Za, sorry for borrowing space. WIZ is the chef du cupcake ke? The name is familiar. yaya

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Good write up Za. Buat i tersedar that i hv not been spending much time with my girl. I miss being a housewife :(
rozie.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Alyn Tahir said...

miss you kak zaza! luckily i dnt knw nothing bout any drama. hehe. do come back soon! lov u!