Sunday 20 May 2007

Elke Zaterdag



This is where we normally go on almost all our zaterdag (saturdays) - a market in Geleen.

Geleen is our neighbouring town and is just a good 6 mins drive (including finding a parking spot) from our home.

We get our fresh supplies of vis, fruit, bloemen (fish, fruits, flowers) and do our asian groceries at the toko. its a nice market with many grocers, selling their products, nice smell when you pass the fruit and flower section.



We do however prefer to get all our vegetables and most fruits at the supermarkets where we feel the quality is much better. but the markt (market) is certainly a treat! i look forward to elke zaterdag (every saturdays). why?
1. my dear husband does not need to go to the office
2. i can wake up slightly late if my dear husband feeds our son his breakfast
3. i can go to the market and get my flowers and shop at the toko
4. i can cook the things i bought at the market

This was what we bought recently:



3 boxes of aardbeien (strawberries) for just 3euros! (will write on what i did to them at my other blog soon)



3 bunches of tulpen (tulips) for just 3euros! (if you come at 4pm, an hour before they closes.)

I LOVE MY SATURDAYS!

8 comments:

Theta said...

Wonderful Saturday markets are ubiquitous in the Netherlands, it seems!

ZazaHardy said...

theta, they are indeed. any saturday markets up in delft? and are the shops open on sundays?

Z

M A Janssen said...

Hi Zaza. I'm a Malay married to a Dutch and we live in Geleen. I think I tried to email you a few months ago - would be nice to get to know you as there are so few of us Malays here in this region. I'm doing some research for my blog and I hope to get your input on it. Hope to hear from you if you're interested.

ZazaHardy said...

hip hip hoorayyy! ada orang melayu kat limburg! you're the 2nd one that i know of! i met one singaporean married to a dutch in sittard, i didnt know there's a malaysian in geleen!! i'm thrilled! it would be nice to meet up! i dont think it'll be wise for me to write down my number in here but i'll try sending a msg to your blog and here's my email just in case zaza_shah@yahoo.com
we should DEFINITELY meet!

Z

Roronoa Zoro said...

what can u do with them tulips?

Johorean are cool
when others say "pe-gang"
we say "pay-gang"

ZazaHardy said...

roronoa zoro: i certainly DO NOT say pay-gang. hang johoq manaq?
we display them tulips in our homes, i'd put them in a tall vase on my dining table. and even if i dont say pay-gang like you do, yes, i agree, johorians are cool!

p.s: banyaknya blogggg!!

Z

Anonymous said...

Hi Zaza
I'm not sure if you remember me. I'm Rozie and we met when you were on your way to the hospital and I was on my to Sittard with my daughter. I hope we can keep in contact and you can always e-mail me at rozie.baggen@gmail.com

ZazaHardy said...

rozie dear, of course i remember you! you were pushing your beautiful baby girl on a red quinny, we met slightly before the tunnel! thanks for mailing me, i've replied, go check your email!!! lets meet up! will arrange for makan at my place nak?

Z